hIVIG Production and Administration
- Plasma is removed blood donated by other people who have gotten better from COVID-19.
- Antibodies are separated from the plasma in a lab.
- This results in a drug product with a high-concentration of antibodies against SARS CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- hIVIG is given in OTAC through a plastic tube placed in a vein (blood vessel).
- The antibodies may attach to SARS CoV-2 and prevent it from entering cells and multiplying. This may reduce the amount of virus in the body.